I've decided to focus this site on (eventually) decorating my house (when I move back in), cooking yummy food (when I finally get back my gas oven), making fabulous drinks (when I finally get a bar), and other creative endeavors.
Since I love drawing so much I fear it may take over this little space so I'm moving it off site to it's very own location. You can find it at Creative Like Likes on Tumblr. Of course some of my very favorites may still make a cameo appearance here. :)
Tuesday, March 12, 2013
Friday, March 8, 2013
Every Friday I will be posting a big ol' drawing of Things I Like. It's my ode to the long lost similar post on Kate Spade's Behind the Curtain version. [sniff]. Love is a strong word...but I LIKE a lot of stuff!
Clockwise from the top left:
- This AWESOME looking beer. Note I've left of the IPA. Pale I can do. Ale I can do. IPA I need to work on.
- The rare and elusive $2 bill (USD)
- I love collecting cocktail books because, well, I love cocktails. I originally thought this was a cool looking recipe book, but then I noted it was published by Assouline. So it's a cool looking recipe book that includes rich and famous people drinking cocktails....AND I'M TOTALLY FINE WITH THAT.
- So I was at this paella party one night (long story) and this chick walks in wearing a snazzy strapless dress and platform glittery pumps. And she was awesome. Even after I found out she was a republican because...platform glitter pumps. It's proof that world peace can in fact be brought about by shoes. Also, Louboutins. *I can't fnd this version anymore . :(
- This candy jar that looks like a plastic bag. Cool yet eco friendly!
- something retro, on my iphone case.
Thursday, March 7, 2013
Last Friday was Texas' birthday. Having been here 10 years now as a SoCal transplant, I've been informed that I am a bona fide Texan. This is especially the case here in Houston where half the population is a transplant. But in thinking about it, I'm pretty much a fine mix of both, as illustrated by this post.
Clockwise from the top left:
- My first year here one of my alma maters (USC) was crucified by UT. I wear this in defiance. At least our colors make sense :PPP ~ California
- What other state has their own line of O.P.I nail polish?? Pictured here: ~Texas
- Don't Mess with OPI
- Guy Meets Galveston
- Austin-tatious Turquoise
- Y'all Come Back Ya Hear
- Bikini Bottoms. Only applicable in Austin and a shrinking number of spots in SoCal~Hybrid
- Shiner Bock~ Totally Texas
- I started wearing denim mini skirts here because...I can. I'm pretty sure it's still faux paus in L.A. ~Texas
- Cowboy boots. Note the missing hat here. No one here wears cowboy hats. That's just something we tell people when we travel so they can laugh at us and then we can secretly laugh at them. ~Texas
- I have yet to meet a Texas gal who doesn't have or once had a tattoo...secret or other wise. Superman is an inside joke...she knows who she is! ~Texas
So technically I guess I come out a bit more Texas than SoCal...and I'm totally okay with that!
Wednesday, March 6, 2013
Once upon a time I had a little blog called Drawn in Style. I did the same sort of drawing and stuff that you see here...then I quit. Fortunately I saved all my old drawings (how could I not?!). So you'll be seeing some of them here. Just ignore the Drawn in Style copyright...it's mine, trust me!
Tuesday, March 5, 2013
As you'll eventually come to realize, I love drawing shoes more than anything. And while I love drawing other people's handiwork, sometimes I like creating off the cuff. I don't necessarily want to make this a "shoe" blog so I've curtailed my love to just one day of the week. The basic idea is I take a photo that has somehow inspired me. Today's inspiration:
Basically I want to draw from my inspiration, without being too literal. Sometimes that works out better than others. But I still love my outcome for this week!
Basically red sequins with black seed beads in the center and brown stitching as the "vines." So what do you think??
Sunday, March 3, 2013
Fashion week means a boatload of new clothes, accessories and, most importantly, shoes for me to draw! Here are my favorites:
Clockwise from top right:
Serdio Rossi (sometimes designers are a colorist's dream!)
Alberto Moretti (I would seriously wear the hell out of these!)